Andrew was diagnosed with Erythroid (M6) Acute Myeloid Leukemia on November 4th, 2010 when he was almost 5 months old. Andrew is currently in remission from his cancer, after finishing his 5 rounds of chemotherapy. He is a healthy, happy toddler.

Friday, May 20, 2011

baby steps

Progress is slow and to inpatient parents seems almost non-existent. We are crossing our fingers that his fever might be breaking. This morning, an hour before his Tylenol was due, he had no fever. We aren't getting our hopes up yet because occasionally his fever will go down right before it spikes back up to 104F, but it is encouraging. Also, Andrew is learning how to sleep through a lot of noise and pokes down here in the PICU. We hope this trend continues upstairs when we make it back to the ICS.

Lizzie was able to go to Tanner's funeral today; our prayers are with his family.

We miss the ICS, its kind of like a family up there. All of the doctors, nurses, social worker, and techs know us and know Andrew. We have lived there so long that walking down to the parent room is as normal as walking out to the kitchen at home (still rather be home). Anyway, its much easier to handle trials when you are around that kind of support group. We really appreciate the ICS doctors and nurses who have come down to visit us, just to see how we were holding up.

Here are the fliers which are all over Utah:



Andrew is waking up so I have to go

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the updates. We all appreciate them so much. I'm always checking as Andrew is constantly on my mind. The picture of him is so cute I see it every time I go to walmart and it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear little Andrew, in his short life, has already made so many of us smile. What an amazing boy! And what a hopeful post. We continue to pray hard, and to "weary" God with our prayers for him. He really cheered me up today by smiling and waving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crossing my fingers for him. I love that smile on the flier-no wonder they put him on it! If that doesn't inspire people to donate, I don't know what will. I'm glad Lizzie got to go to Tanners funeral. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I missed seeing Lizzie at the funeral. I am glad she was able to make it. Thank you so much for keeping us updated on the blog. I check it all the time to see how Andrew is doing. Stew, it was really good to see you yesterday in ICS. You guys are really amazing and I am so grateful that cancer has brought our two families together. We are still praying for little Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your adorable child is a perfect poster child. Hopefully someday for something other than cancer! It must be in his genes, because on a flight the other week I was browsing through the magazine and found a picture of Stew's dad! It was some ad for helping out Purdue and how amazing they are. Just thought you'd like to know more than one member of your family is famous :)

    ReplyDelete