Andrew was diagnosed with Erythroid (M6) Acute Myeloid Leukemia on November 4th, 2010 when he was almost 5 months old. Andrew is currently in remission from his cancer, after finishing his 5 rounds of chemotherapy. He is a healthy, happy toddler.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christ is Resurrected, Truly, Resurrected

It's been such a great Easter. I got to go to my wonderful Aunt's house in South Jordan, and Stew even hid eggs for me around the house. It's amazing how much freedom we feel like we have between rounds sometimes. It's been so fun to be home, start a garden, cook, play piano again, etc. We're excited for an easier round this next time (hopefully), where they let us go home at the beginning for a whole five days! Andrew's ANC was 300 as of last Thursday, so I expect we'll either be in late this week or early next week. I'm betting on next week, though.


I talked to my mom this morning. She's in Ukraine right now, serving a mission in the eastern part (the more Russian part) called Dnepropetrovsk. I told her Happy Easter, and she told me that in Ukraine, they say it a little differently--instead of 'Happy Easter', one person will say "Christ is Resurrected" and the other person will respond "Truly, Resurrected." I love it that they really keep the meaning of the holiday so central. I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Christ and his willingness to take upon Himself our sins and our pains. "God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son!"

5 comments:

  1. Eastern Orthodox Christians use that greeting - I remember learning about it in a class I took in college and I loved it! It is such a beautiful reminder - and like you said, it keeps the true meaning of the holiday.

    Glad you are enjoying some time at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to write. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are getting a nice break at home. I love the greeting, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your happy faces and your fun times at home. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you are having a great time being back at home for now! I am so happy for you! Andrew is so adorable! Stay strong, you are in my prayers! XOXO

    ReplyDelete