Thursday, November 4, 2010
CBC and other tests
So we're back in the hospital somewhere between oncology and inpatient services. They did a CBC and are doing some more flow to get a better handle on if the cells in his blood are cancerous so they can begin to give us a definitive diagnosis. We're waiting on that for now. His platelet and crit counts are low, so our doctors are worried that it is a leukemia of some sort. He's had some vomiting and diarrhea these last few days (probably from the antibiotic he's been on), so he's a bit dehydrated and receiving fluids. He was on amoxicillin to get rid of an infection (possibly epididymitis), so we went down for another scrotal ultrasound. The attending physician was saying that given his history of a possible cancerous tumor that it's most likely that there are WBC infiltrates in his testicle. Poor kid! We'll hear back on the flow tonight and they'll do a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow. We're holding up well despite all the hard things Andrew has already had to go through. We'll post again when we have a diagnosis.